I'm passionate about creating things. I love design and collaborative projects... probably to a fault. I started Ugly Mag in 2012 and have worked with We Are Elevn on multiple creative projects since that time. This includes Sundance interviews, promotional videos, epic events and fashion editorials. It's nice to have a community of creative psychopaths that I can feed off of.
1. Camera - I used to strictly use the camera on my phone for photography but working with these creative fools I decided to jump into the digital camera world with my Sony a6300. Great all-around mirror-less camera that will shoot fast action, low-light, 4k video and more. Great to learn on. Currently using FE prime lenses of 28mm and 50mm.
2. Flask - This is the emergency creative juice. When you've been looking at a project for too or have hit a mental block, simply down 3 oz. of your favorite vice and you'll be back to full creative strength (imagine Popeye on spinach).
3. Ugly Notes - Any notebook will really do fine here, but nothing beats having something pocket-sized on you at all times. Ideas come quickly and I find it best to sketch/write them down as soon as possible.
4. Cell Phone - Obvious choice here is the Samsung S7 Edge. I chose the edge strictly for aesthetics, camera and performance. Apple pisses me off so, this is where I went and I've been happy as fuck with it. My go-to apps are Instagram, Messenger, Snapchat, Pinterest, Playmobile (to download photos from my camera) and Venmo. This is vital to maintaining Ugly Mag and staying in touch with family and friends.
5. Baseball Bat? - Yeah, I don't even play baseball... so the reason for the bat is to intimidate my co-workers and to remind me to knock our creations "out of the park".