"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for - and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing... I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool - for love - for your dreams - for the adventure of being alive." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer
Ugh bios suck! How about I list the things I like to do, or things I like? I work at Studio Elevn as the Event Coordinator extraordinaire. I make event magic happen with design, flowers, food, and alcohol. I have avid interest in Gothic architecture, cooking shows, live shows, music (mostly music videos), astrology, Greek Mythology, dance in all forms, design in all aspects, musical instruments, health & wellness, Asian folk art, and learning shit. I have zero fashion sense, can win 3rd grade spelling bees, type at least 20wpm, can’t read my own handwriting, can swipe concrete posts with my Jeep like a boss, and consumes too much sugar and/or wine on a daily basis. That’s it. That’s me!
1. Headphones - Bluetooth and Spotify have changed my life. Tbh, I hardly use headphones unless I’m at the gym. I like to blast my jams and feel the bass shake my soul. Everyone in the office always have earbuds in, but I like annoy to everyone with whatever I’m listening to that day. Sorry not sorry!
2. Bourbon - Mmmm the dark liquid of the gods. It’s always around to drown sorrows, celebrate victories, and send hilariously funny and ridiculous drunk texts. I’ve always believed whiskey helps me dig into the archives of my brain and actually create what I’m actually good at: writing, composing, and whatever else I think I’m good at. Baking will never be a part of that however.
3. Hadley - My son, Hadley, is the reason I wake up everyday. He is the most perfect person in the universe. He is so fucking smart and funny, is a little snack monster, and can make anyone smile. Hearing him sing and rap is pretty rad. He’s 3. SO. DAMN. HANDSOME. I like to think he’s taking after his mama. #hadleyisninjastatus
4. Lipstick - Lipsticks and mascara are really the only things a girl needs. Any shade goes with black, especially black. I wear a lot of black.
5. Burgmüller - This composer created the soundtrack to my life. L’Orage (The Storm) is something I grew up playing on the piano. I am a classical pianist who should have never quit playing. I still got it though. I believe music, in any form, style, or genre, can ultimately change people’s lives by providing an outlet or voice for what lies deep in each being’s soul. Much like my life, this piece has it’s ups and downs, it’s melodic happy points, and sometimes has a deep, dark abyss of sadness. If you really want to get a look into my heart, play some Rachmaninoff. Fucking genius.